The next meeting is on Tuesday 4 October at 7 pm at the Braddock Road Government Center. Discussion items include a status review of plans for NARCON which will be held in Feb 2017, a short presentation on the changes proposed for the Pink Book, the collection of rules which govern competition flying and an update on model rocket launchers. The program will be a review of the particular rules for night launches followed by a show and tell by members discussing the design and construction of their lighted rockets. Bring your rockets to share your expertise.
We are the Northern Virginia Association of Rocketry (NOVAAR)
Section 205 of the National Association of Rocketry (NAR)
We Fly Rockets
Launch status will be announced by 8 pm on the Friday before a launch.
- Do you enjoy building and flying rockets?
- Need a good site to fly let alone, launch those big birds?
- Interested in model rocket competition awards or earning achievement awards for flying?
- Interested in rocket science projects?
If you enjoy model rocketry, you are invited to join the Northern Virginia Association of Rocketry. NOVAAR is the public model rocket club in Northern Virginia, and is a chartered section of the National Association of Rocketry (NAR). We're one of the most active model rocket clubs in the U.S., with a 40 year history of success, safety and fun in the hobby of model rocketry.
NOVAAR holds meetings once a month. We meet the first Tuesday from 7:00 pm to 8:30 at the Braddock District Government Office. The center is in North Springfield, two miles outside the Beltway (I495) at the intersection of Burke Lake Road and Rolling Road. For a map click here. Come visit a meeting and see why model rocketry would be more fun if you belonged to NOVAAR.
- Free flights at our monthly rocket launch throughout the year including contests, sport fun flying and demonstrations. Non-members pay $1 per flight.
- Assistance with achieving advanced high-power rocketry certification.
- Use of club's permit-approved, launch site with model rocket and high power launching equipment and a 4500 ft waiver equipment.
- Full access to the club website covering club activities plus articles on design and technical subjects.
- Participation in rocket building sessions hosted by experts.
- Regular monthly meetings which include an instructional or demonstration session.
- novaar.org e-mail addresses.
- novaar.org Bulletin Board.
- novaar.org Chat
- access to upload pictures to novaar.org Gallery 2
- access to novaar.org member only pages.
NOVAAR Officers and Coordinators
- President: Joe Woodford
- Secretary: Jonathan Rains
- Treasurer: Frank Prekel
- Senior Advisor: Trip Barber
- High Power Coordinator: Mitch Guess
- Scouting and Group Coordinator: Carl Curling
- Webmaster: Dan Winings